Monday, April 1, 2019

DIY Miniature Tray


miniature wooden tray

I had a couple of stirring sticks that I picked up free a while back at a bakery that I used to make this mini.  I also cut the ends of some bobby pins for the handles. 

miniature tray

It's sooo tiny!  I love it! 

miniature scene

Also, I put this little scene together, but I'm not happy with it and I can't figure out how to improve it, so your input would be much appreciated. 

I am also remodeling my temporary room...again...This time I am making a removable wood flooring.  So keep coming back for updates on that.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Muy buen reciclaje y tu mini escena es muy bonita, puede que le falte algún adorno a tu guirnalda.Feliz semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe I'll try to add some flowers to the wreath?

      Delete
  2. Hello Brandy,
    Great job on the tray. Once again, very clever. I think the scene is lovely, but did you consider making a floor. Perhaps brick? It might make the scene pop a bit more.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac, that is a wonderful idea. I'll see what I can do.

      Delete
  3. Cute tray!
    My advice on the scene-in-a-box is to first decide what style you are trying to recreate. For example, if shabby, paint everything white except the wood from the wreath and the green leaves. A unifying theme always helps give me a direction and a focus. Have fun! It's a great box and a farm stand scene could be really fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice. I think I have some new ideas.

      Delete
  4. La escena es bonita, quizás yo pintaría el interior en un tono pastel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablet turned out awesome, once again a nice idea (and it taught me a new word - "bobby pin"). And your little garden scene looks already very nice. Nevertheless Jodi's advice was good about a theme… and according to me a touch of color could help, maybe by using other flowers in the bucket. And perhaps a stone look (made of egg carton) would look nice and would highlight the wooden frame. But I have no doubt you will come along with a fantastic solution!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete