Monday, April 8, 2019

Newest Mini Making Ventures

diy miniature paper towel holder

I made a paper towel holder and I will get to the how of it in just a minute.  But first, in the above picture you get a sneak peak at the room box remodel.  I still have to paint another coat and I will be staining the wood floor.  And I should mention the little brown jar was a gift from my husband.  It use to contain his beard oil. 


Now for the paper towel holder.  My mother-in-law gave me these tooth picks, and they have these really neat ends on them.  So a took a circle piece of wood that I have in my randoms drawer (all the little bits and pieces I collect that I might be able to do something with) and glued them together.  Then I wrapped a cut piece of straw with paper towel and tada!


miniature table

I also put this little table together.  I plan on staining it as well and putting a chess board on it.


mini possibilities

Last but not least, my mother gave me these at Christmas and I believe they came from the Dollar Tree.  I took them apart for the gold pieces which looked like bowls to me.  I'm certain they can be used for other things as well, however.  Ideas anyone?

6 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't tell how big the gold bead caps are, but a spacer on top might make them great candle holders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has hecho unas bonitas minis.
    Yo las he usado a veces para hacer lámparas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I love that idea. I think they might make some neat lampshades.

      Delete
  3. Your mothers - both the natural as well as the in-law - are very supportive… nice gifts with so many possibilities. Your towel holder turned out so nice and I bet you'll find many other uses for these special toothpicks. I'm always on the lookout for them but here in Germany they are sadly not common. About your bells… it's hard to tell how big they are, but if they are a bit bigger the lampshade Eloisa already suggested sound great to me. And if they're smaller it's easy to see why Jodi suggested candleholders… well, you will come up with great ideas, I have no doubts about that. ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete