Monday, November 19, 2018

Trash to Treasure: Miniature Diy Lamps

diy miniature lamps using lids and game pieces

I keep a collection of toothpaste caps and cosmetic lids for making my mini lamps.  Also, a while back I purchased a bag full of random game pieces for $2 at a 2nd hand shop that are great for mini lamps as well.

diy miniature lamps

I added little beads on top of the lids.

diy miniature modern lamp

diy miniature lamp

I'm pretty happy with the results.

I've also considered, but haven't tried yet, putting washi tape on the lids?  Or maybe modge podge some napkins or small print material on the lids for patterned lamp shades?  What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Es un bonito trabajo- Una buena idea usar esa piezas de ajedrez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brandy,
    Very clever. the lamps look awesome.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lamps look Great and I love your idea of using the chess pieces which I think is Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete