Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Kitchen Prep

diy miniature kitchen accessories 

diy miniature rolling pin and cutting board



I am wanting to create a kitchen scene soon.  I have very little for a kitchen so I will probably be making the majority of it.  I started this week with a couple of the accessories.  A rolling pin and a cutting board.  I made the rolling pin out of a dowel, from the Dollar Tree, and some pick up sticks I've had forever.  I made the cutting board out of a large popsicle stick.  I plan on staining the cutting board.  And I had left the glue gun plugged in and the glue "burned" so  now it has that brown.  I'm hoping to be able to cut away most of the visible glue on the rolling pin.

As for the temporary room box, I haven't gotten very far with it because life in general gets in the way.  It has been a slow couple of weeks, hopefully things will pick up for me soon.  Keep your fingers crossed.

10 comments:

  1. Pick up sticks and popsicle sticks- the good foundation materials of many mini kitchens- Way to Go Brandy!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brandy,
    Great job on both items. I am looking forward to seeing the kitchen.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both miniatures look good. I too am looking forward to see the kitchen. Have fun creating miniatures for it.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Te han quedado muy bien, espero ver pronto esa cocina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look fantastic - I really admire how accurate and symmetric the cutting board turned out. And the influence of your glue gun makes a realistic effect, with the brown stain marks the rolling pin looks used since ages.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete