Monday, February 4, 2019

DIY Miniature Brick


I am working on changing my temporary room box again.  This time I want brick, white brick to be exact.  I've had this pack of sand paper in my stash for some time.  I am painting them white and then cutting them into small "bricks".  The progress has been very slow.  Mainly because other stuff keeps coming up and this project gets pushed to the side.  But I will show you the finished results as soon as it is finished.

diy miniature brick

However, my question for all of you, should I leave the back grey to resemble grey grout?  Or should I make it all white?

10 comments:

  1. I love sandpaper brick! I would probably go with a color at least a little darker than the brick for the background. Otherwise, it might be difficult to see the brick. If you're going to go spend the time making all those little bricks, you want people to see what a great job you've done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a long work! For color, maybe avoid a too plain tone and paint shadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brandy,
    The brick looks nice. I would either leave the grout grey, or glue in the bricks and then go over with white paint so it looks like they just painted over the brick wall to update the look.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been unlucky with my experience to paint sandpaper. The paint kept peeling off. Painting cardboard has been easy and even painting cork went smoothly. Wish you luck with this project.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it seems to be working. I'll cross my fingers though.

      Delete
  5. Ah, you've started with the bricks - your first candidates look great. I admire how well they're shaped and cut… ;O) And about your question - I suggest starting with the grout look… and in case you shouldn't like that look you could still do it as Giac suggested and paint it all over.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete