Monday, December 24, 2018

Have a very miniature Christmas!


miniature Christmas room

So I put together a slightly better Christmas miniature scene just in time for Christmas.

miniature Christmas pillows

mini pillow


Though it's still not where I want it, I did enjoy making some new minis.  Next year, however, I plan on making a permanent scene with wood floors, a better color choice on the walls and a fireplace.

miniature Christmas tree

I decorated the Christmas tree with a red pipe cleaner, and a few pompoms.  The girls have some sticker earrings and I stole one for the tree topper.  I also made some stockings.

miniature Christmas cards

I also made some Christmas cards using card stock and stickers.

miniature Christmas

I also added a wreath a snowman ornament.  And apparently there was a mouse was stirring the night before Christmas.


I also wanted to share a picture from days long past of my very first Christmas miniature scene.

Christmas dollhouse

Unfortunately it is the only picture that I have.  It's hard to see but there is an elf sitting on the rocking chair.

Last but not least, my other hobby is making junk journals.  For those who don't know, junk journals are journals made from paper trash and are used just like a journal except you can make art in them and keep your favorite paper memories like ticket stubs and receipts of special gifts, etc.

So I made myself a Christmas junk journal and being that I made it too late for this year, I will use it for next Christmas.

Christmas junk journal cover


I made the cover from an old gift back and a Christmas card.

Christmas junk journal

The inside cover is another Christmas card made into a pocket.


The green checkered paper was a paper bag my mother gave me.


I coffee dyed most of the paper to give it the color and crinkly texture.



I added some used envelopes filled with cards and tags.




I added plenty of tuck spots.

Christmas junk journal

This is my favorite page!



I cut one card into three different pieces.  The bottom I glued on to make a front tuck spot, the main part of the card as a pocket and the inside Christmas message tucked in as a journaling card.





I used stickers and bits and pieces from my paper stash.


The back cover is a pocket that I used to put all the left over tags and paper I had.


And that is all the crafting I did this Christmas.  May you all have a merry one.

8 comments:

  1. a very pretty Christmas scene. The first was pretty too
    Your Christmas junk journal is superb with its bright colors
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your little Christmas scene, mouse and all ;-)
    Your first Christmas house was also very nice. I made my first permanent Christmas scene (the little box) and it does take the stress away. I am already set for next year. I can recommend it ;-)
    Your junk journal is lovely, lots of pockets to keep important stuff.
    I made a junk journal once and realised I enjoyed turning it in a "work of art" but that makes it difficult to write in. All the tags, stickers, pockets distract me too much.:-D
    Have a lovely Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it sounds like you created an art journal which are wonderful as well.

      Delete
  3. I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas time - but I know for sure that your lovely Christmas scene added to the festivity. ;O) Your Christmas mouse made me smile - this is absolutely necessary! You must know that German author and poet James Krüss wrote a very popular poem about the Christmas mouse… a nasty little rodent stealing all the sweets in the house. All family members address every candy missing to the Christmas mouse. Only the family's mother knows - when Christmas is gone with all its yummy treats the Christmas mouse will disappear too. ;O) Your Christmas journal turned out awesome and I really like that you've recycled so much things which were much too lovely for ending in the garbage bin.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I will have to look up the story about the Christmas mouse.

      Delete