Monday, January 28, 2019

Boho Room Box #2

boho room box 

I'm fairly disappointed with how the wallpaper came out in this one.  I used a page from an old calendar and it wrinkled.  I should have backed it with some card stock first, maybe a different glue as well.  Too late.  My husband brought the box home from his Christmas party at work, it held chocolates I believe.


Lighting makes the wrinkles more noticeable.  The flooring was some scrap scrapbook paper I had left over from another project.


My ladder is a little crooked too.  I'll do better on the next one.  The stars and moon are the pop outs from some of my kids stencils. The butterfly mirror is from the Dollar Tree.


I made a stool from a wooden block and some twine.  The floral pictures are printouts and for those who don't know, the lamp is a chess piece with a lid and bead on top.

miniature bohemian room 

I used the second pallet sofa in this scene and the pillows are made from a material sample.  Not as happy with this room box as I was with the first but still love it.

14 comments:

  1. It still looks beautiful and displays your talent for combining color and texture! All I see is a beautifully designed room!
    I also think it's wonderful that your husband saw the box and thought of you! How wonderfully supportive and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture of the floor is perfect for the room, the wallpaper does not detract from the beauty of the roombox, I would say that gives it character. Another job well done, good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es una pena las arrugas del papel pero la escena ha quedado preciosa. Me gustan los elementos que la componen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brandy,
    I am sorry the paper wrinkled. It is such a beautiful room and I love how you put all the elements together. Maybe you can get a new back image, glue it onto cardboard and just glue over the wrinkled paper?
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can find a similar floral print maybe. It was from an old calendar. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I like Giac's suggestion for covering the wall with another print. The room looks lovely.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry I've missed a few posts… but I've enjoyed them now in a row. You've been very busy and it's fun to watch you playing along. Your first Boho room box was for sure a project to be proud of and I also like how this second one came out... okay, despite of those wrinkles. But I think I can speak also in the others' name when I claim we all could tell a story or two about similar failures. ;O) Giac's suggestion sounds great to save the rest of your work which is so lovely arranged and I'm convinced you'll find a second piece of paper that will look terrific too. I'm in awe with your pallet bed/couch… what a great idea to use cheap toy blocks. And I was also impressed by you marvelous Marvel box, the dream room of almost every little boy!

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wrinkled wall paper is the bane of our miniature world, however if it hadn't been for that mishap, your boho room box hit the mark Perfectly, Brandy!
    The mix and match of colors and textures and the cool additions of the ladder and the wood pallet lounge, have a artsy vibe that speaks SoHo in the 60's to me as well as a design for today.
    On a personal note:
    I have found that FABRI-TAC or it's cheaper copy FABRIC HI-TAK glue works a treat when applying wallpaper to a backing board. I buy mine from Wal-mart and apply it with a spatula so that it goes on evenly. It has a little play while it is still wet but works better than the spray glue which I had been using previously. It doesn't saturate the paper so there is no danger of its bleeding or stretching of the paper as it dries, which I find Really helpful for whenever I'm gluing fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunque el papel se haya arrugado, la escena es bonita y acogedora !!

    ReplyDelete