Thursday, March 5, 2020

Miniature Fireplace

For those of you that didn't know, I took a break from electronics for the entire month of February.  Besides lowering my stress and anxiety, I got quite a bit done with the free time I suddenly had.  Which of course included miniature making.  One of which I am super happy with was a quick project I made from a Dollar Tree dresser.  

I started by putting it in the microwave to soften the glue and removed the front panel and legs.


Then I used jumbo popsicle sticks and cut them to frame my fire place.


I also purchased some stain markers from the Dollar Tree and used one to stain the fire place.  Below is the finished product.  I love how it came out.

diy miniature fireplace

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how you saw a potential fireplace! Add a frame and stick the leftover piece to a wall and you now have a built in bureau, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever! I like Jodi's suggestion, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl after my own heart!
    I see that tiny dresser everytime I venture into dollar tree. I havent bought it because I couldnt decide what to do with it, aside from obsessing over what to do make out of it! Hah. You're creativity exuding out of you is one to make another girl jealous!

    ReplyDelete