Friday, June 7, 2019

Witchy Junk Journal

No miniatures here today.  In fact, I'll be taking a little break from minis.  It has been a little difficult trying to keep up posting to this blog 3 times a week.  Plus I have my other two blogs that I've barely been able to keep up with so from now on, I'll only be posting to this blog once a week.  Besides, that will give me more time to visit all of your lovely blogs.  In fact, drop a link in the comments below and give me something new to check out.


Now, on to the fun stuff.  I made a new junk journal.  It is now my favorite thing ever.  I am still in the process of fixing it up but I wanted to share with you what I have so far.

My book of witchcraft

diy book of spells

I plan on using this journal for my list of herbal apothecary ingredients, recipes for things such my mulberry and dandelion jams, and recipes for other things from diy cleaning supplies to salves and bath bombs.  It is 200 pages with lots of pockets and tuck spots.  I made it a little thin so that I can add to it if I need to.

junk journal pockets

Here is a picture of me deciding on what pockets and flip outs I'd put in it.

junk journal cover

Here is the cover before it was finished.  I used an old dictionary cover.

junk journal inside cover

And the above picture was the incomplete inside cover.  The pictures below are of my favorite pages from the book.

velvety paper

Though I used mostly my own stash of scrap paper, a friend of mine let me raid her stash and I definitely took advantage including the above's velvety paper.

junk journal scraps

junk journal paper bag pockets

This pocket was made from the bottom of a paper bag.  

junk journal flip outs

This part flips out for more writing space.

junk journal yellow pocket

junk journal page

junk journal library pocket

junk journal fairy

junk journal blue page

junk journal black pocket

junk journal layered pocket

junk journal page




I hope you enjoyed the pictures.  I'll see you next week with a new craft.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this beautiful book! He's very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing this beautiful book! He's very interesting
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to store all your recipes for herbal essences etc. No doubt you've had loads of fun with this so far.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Brandy - This looks like such a fun thing to make! I can think of so many themes that would be interesting to put together - you've inspired me!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete