Friday, February 1, 2019

Once Upon A Time, Many Years Ago...




miniature Halloween room

I found some pictures of some old projects.  Some really, really old projects.  The picture above was my very first ever miniature room.  Click on it for a larger view.  I made the pumpkin being carved on the table and the trick or treat bags out of gum wrappers.

display box

I barely remember working on some of these.  I don't have them anymore.  I sold some at yardsales and some I gave to friends.

miniature kitchen


Most of them were before I started making a lot of my own stuff.

miniature bathroom

I remember using Christmas wrapping paper for this one.

miniature boy's room

And I don't think I even finished this house.

miniature doorway

Little bits that just tease my memory.  But unfortunately all random and never the full picture.

miniature bedroom

miniature bedroom

I remember reusing some of the furniture from this room.

miniature bedroom

And putting it in this room.

miniature girl's room

I remember the little dolls they used to have at the Dollar Tree.

miniature bedroom

That bed shows up in a couple pictures.

miniature living room

miniature living room

I think I gave up on finishing the first dollhouse and gave it away and then built the second out of a bookshelf.  But I kept all the furniture from the first.  This was 16 years ago.

miniature attic 

I wish I still had some of this stuff.

miniature bedroom

miniature bedroom

miniature bedroom

Then there is this room.  I remember putting this room together, but I can't remember the rest of the dollhouse and what it looked like and I can't find anymore pictures.

Do you ever look at older projects and realize how far you've come?

13 comments:

  1. I bet it was a lot of fun to go through the photos and reminisce about the projects! You made great boxes of just about every room in a house! I do look at photos of past projects and am surprised at how they look in my mind versus how they really looked. I am a lot more detailed in my work now days, and would like to go back and have a second chance to do a better job in all of them! I wonder if everyone feels that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have some of these back to improve too. I feel like I've come so far from where I was then.

      Delete
  2. Very nice room displays. I hope you saved the cats. I have a soft spot for them.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm disappointed to say I did not keep the cats. But I will make it my mission to find more.

      Delete
  3. Hello Brandy,
    You have made some wonderful projects. I really love the way you use things to create miniatures.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Son todas unas bonitas escenas !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely trip down memory lane! Isn't it great to look at photos of old projects - and according to me this is one great advantage of blogging. If it wasn't for my blog I would never have taken so much photos and especially not so many photos of the building process. Thanks for sharing yours with us.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. If it wasn't for this blog, I wouldn't have the pictures and the memories. Thank you for taking time to come by.

      Delete