Friday, November 30, 2018

DIY Miniatures: Oil Lamp, Candle and Jewelry Tray

diy miniature oil lamp

After scouring Pinterest for ideas for a do it yourself oil lamp, I finally settled on a plan.  One, because it was the easiest and two, because I had all the parts.

diy miniature oil lamp

The result.  I'm happy with it.

miniature desk

However, shortly after taking this picture, it fell apart.  I need to figure out a better glue.  What kind of glue do you use for tiny parts?

diy miniature jewelry tray

So I have an empty makeup tin, the kind you have left over after you've finished off the last of the blush or eye shadow.  I asked for suggestions and a cookie sheet was the most popular one.  But I wanted something different, so I tried for a jewelry tray.  However, I don't like it, so it might still end up as a cookie sheet.  What do you think?

And last but not least, a candle.

diy miniature candle

I used a couple of beads and cut the top off a birthday candle which I painted a more desirable color and glued them all together.

miniature desk

I like it and am considering making some more.

So there you have it, a day of miniature making with a couple of fails.

On another note, I've been on the search for some new miniature blogs.  If you have one, and I haven't found it on my own yet, post a link in the comments.  Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. May I ask what you used for the handle on on the lamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my daughter some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle keychains from the Dollar Tree recently that she wanted to take the the keychains off of. I got the handle from them.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your lovely oil lamp didn't last for long, I hope you'll find a better glue soon. Although a cookie tray is never a bad idea I think your jewelry tray looks very nice with the velvet cover. But looking at your picture I suppose this would also make a nice modern picture frame. Oh, and have fun making more of these lovely candles! ;O)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I love the idea of a picture frame!

      Delete
  3. Hello Brandy,
    Great job on the oil lamp!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete